Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Time4Learning Review


home education





I am giving Time4Learning(time4learning.comhttp://www.time4learning.com) a very high 5-star score!  It's sensational and my son LOVES it!  Time4Learning can be used as a homeschool curriculum, for afterschool enrichment and for summer skill sharpening.

I was looking on the web for extra worksheets and lessons my 6 year old son could do to supplement what he was learning in Kindergarten when I came across Time 4 Learning.  It is an online Homeschool curriculum for full-time use, after school use or summer use for children in grades Preschool through Middle School.

I contacted them and asked if I could try the product out in exchange for a review.  They graciously agreed to a one month trial.  My 6 year old loves school and learning.  He can't seem to get enough when it comes to education.  I decided instead of just seeing what type of worksheets I could get, I'd actually have him use the whole curriculum as an after school program and see what he thought.  The benefits they list on their site include:

Benefits:  Online Curriculum for PreK to 8th Grades, Access to 3 Grade Levels of Lessons, 1,000+ Student-Paced Multimedia Activities, Language Arts/Math/Science & Social Studies, Interactive/Project-Based Activities,
Detailed Reporting for Easy Record-Keeping, Lesson Plans & Teaching Tools for Parents and Lessons Correlated to State Standards.

He absolutely loves it!  I can't get him to stop working on it.  I have actually had to set up a schedule to cut BACK on the hours he spends on the site as he was overdoing it a bit!  While he's finishing up Kindergarten at the moment in the mornings, he is at a first grade level so that's what I started him at with the program.  Three days a week, he comes home from school, eats lunch and begs me to get on the computer and start Homeschooling!

Basically, the way it works is this:  your child completes online lessons (made up of a variety of multimedia activities), has worksheets to print and complete as follow up to what they learned (just like the ones they gets in class), takes online quizzes and tests and then earns playground time-which my son also loves!  The lessons are inline with the expectations from our school district and my son is flying through the first grade online right now!  The lessons are very engaging and fun for the kids to watch and learn.  You can choose from LA Extensions, Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies and there is even a level 1 and a level 2 for first grade.  Each subject has different characters and activities to make things versatile and fun.

You pay just $19.95 a month for full access, there aren't any contracts and you can cancel at any time!  It's such a low price for such a wonderful product, you will be hooked right from the start!

The lessons build off of each other, so I highly recommend you start with the first one and then follow the arrows instead of letting your child choose just any lesson.  I learned that the hard way.

It's incredibly child friendly....we did a couple of lessons together until he got the feel for how the site works and is set up and now he does it mostly on his own.  I do review things with him and check on his progress.   I LOVE that he can redo any of the lessons, quizzes and tests at any time so he can truly MASTER the lesson rather than just "skating by".  Even if he has completed a section, I have him redo lessons etc. until he reaches the "Mastered" status and then he gets extra playground time.

There is a parent tutorial which shows you exactly how to use the program.  You can check your childs progress, print reports, report cards, see attendance and everything. You have total control and access to everything.  You set the time limits for lessons as well as playground time which is a very positive reward.

I have used many online learning sites to supplement the education he is receiving in school and this one is by FAR the most comprehensive and truly lives up to all the benefits they boast!  I have recommended it to several of my friends (3 of which have signed up and are using it) and also given information to my sons Kindergarten teacher who is recommending it to parents whose children are struggling in school.  I love this program and will continue to rave about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment